Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies’ histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus’ services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus Federal is seeking a PowerBI Developer. Each day U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. The volume and complexity of both physical and virtual border crossings require the application of “big data” solutions to promote efficient trade and travel. Further, effective “big data” solutions help CBP ensure the movement of people, capital, and products is legal, safe, and secure. In response to this challenge, ManTech, as a trusted mission partner of CBP, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile PowerBI Developer to facilitate data-driven decision making in response to national security threats.
The strongest applicants will have a proven track record of delivering production ready decision support tools and applications employed in the field and by mission-support entities. PowerBI Developer play a key leadership role in multidisciplinary teams providing crucial insight on databases, modeling, business logic and object orientation, API, user interface and user experience. Developers must also model behaviors supporting the acquisition of new skills and enhanced understanding and fostering the same attitude in their colleagues in both technical and mission understanding.
· Develop visualizations using tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
· Use sophisticated data analysis methods to support project team in creating deliverable for client
· Work with clients to devise methods to optimize data capturing schemes and overall program evaluation plan Perform statistical modeling (e.g. ANOVA) using statistical software applications such as R and SPSS
· Work with Senior Database Architect(s) to develop analytical SQL queries and reports for tracking, trending, and interpreting business data
· Perform ongoing data quality assessments, identify discrepancies/inconsistencies, and resolve them
· Continually improve the end-to-end process of data collection, transformation, analysis, and reporting
· Develop data management programs and forms for data entry and maintenance by end-users
· Document data analysis and reporting architecture, designs, and write user guides
. Proactively engage with external stakeholder to ensure the deliverable meets and exceeds the client's needs
· Other duties as defined by senior research team
Active CBP BI
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.